Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment 3

Sir Ken Robinson: Changing Educational Paradigms
I think the most important thing Sir Ken Robinson says in this video is that the standards of education must rise. I agree with everything that he says in this video and I believe he explained his opinion in a very good way. I am learning the same things in EDM310 that are stated in this video. One great example I could give to that statement is that learning is best done in groups because then everyone can begin to think out side of the box. His statement about "burp back learning" is exactly what Dr. Strange is trying to prevent in his class. Education should not be about memorizing and standardized test but learning and experiencing things for one's self. I feel that the only thing I can do to address the issues Mr. Robinson brings to our attention is be a teacher that encourages learning over memorization and be a good enough example to where other teachers want to follow. I think Mr. Robinson's presentation was very good. It kept me interested the entire time. I was watching the drawings while listening to his words and putting everything together. If I had to do a presentation like this I would honestly want to be the narrator because I am not so confident that I would be great at all the other aspects of the video. However, I would like to help come up with some ideas for the video because I enjoy being creative when I am not forced to be. I am very glad that I had the opportunity to watch this video because it gives me hope that I will be able to be the type of teacher I want to be in order to help my students learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment