Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog post 7

This is a picture of Betty Boop dreaming whith fairies flying around her.
Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
Randy Pausch is a professor at Carnegie Mellon University. His lecture is filled with a lot of positive energy. Mr. Pausch talked about his dreams as a child and how important it is to fulfill those dreams and not to give up. He also gave the talked about how you should not let any one stand in your way. Mr.Pausch “last lecture”, really taught me to live my life to the fullest and not to let anything stand in my way.
Mr. Pusch identifies with many people when he talks about the "brick wall". Everyone has had an encounter with a "brick wall" at some points in their life. This wall is something that blocks someone away from something they want. He says that the walls are there for a reason to stop the people who do not want it bad enough. This analogy is really good and says that you have to really want to accomplish something in order for it to happen. There will always be a wall for the things you really want out of life. The wall separates the people who really want to accomplish something and those who do not want to work for what they want.
Most people do not think of their childhood dreams as things to be accomplished when they are older because they figure they have grown out of them. However, your dreams are the most important part of a person to me. A person's dreams make them who they are or help to get them where they wish to be.
Mr. Pusch is a really inspirational speaker. He inspired me to follow my dreams no matter how hard they may seem to be. If I work really hard and keep my eye on my goals then I will accomplish them. This also taught me to work extra hard through the tough times in my life because the pay off could be much greater than the work put in.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this video as well. It was really touching and he made a lot of good points. Like you say, I think everyone has ran into more than one brick wall in life. All that it is there for is to see how bad you really want to get somewhere. Sometimes these walls can hold people back, but other times, it makes them push that much harder to succeed.

    ReplyDelete