Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

I believe that if children is motivated they can indeed teach themselves and learn more because they are doing it for themselves. Children can most definitely teach themselves if they want to learn something. How much a child would be willing to teach themselves all depends on their motivation however. Motivation is the most important factor in children teaching themselves. As long a child is motivated to learn something they will learn and teach themselves and if necessary. The internet and computers can play a big part in children teaching themselves because it makes information easily available tao them. They can check behind themselves using the internet and even teach themselves more than they might want to learn. However, if a child is not motivated to learn or teach themselves they will not put forth the work needed. These would be the children that when given a problem they would not try to solve it. Problems to a motivated child is just a opportunity to ask questions and learn something new.
I am very motivated to learn, learning new things excite me and motivates me to keep learning more. I believe a non motivated person can learn but they would not truly grasp the concept enough to want to keep it going. It will be just something else they know but will not ever use. I, a very motivated learner, teach myself something new every day. I am constantly figuring out new ways to study, new ways to communicate, and new ways to reach others. I want to be a teacher so that I can motivate my students to learn and make them excited every time they learn something new. I think that a teachers role in a students life. In watching this video it has become clear to me why the United States will not always be on top. It is because our children have so many things in there life that education has just become a chore them. However, while our children are lacking motivation children around the world have an abundance of it. I think teachers should start took think more about the way they teach their students. they should allow them time to teach themselves while they are being motivated by their teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Tierra! I loved it. I strongly believe motivation is essential in learning.
    If we want to encourage lifelong learning in our students, motivation is key.
    What's more, we teachers should be life long learners ourselves if we want to foster the love for learning in our students. I love how motivated you are to learn. You'll definitely be a role model for your students.
    I'm sure you'll be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete