Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog Post 9

Mr.McClung
I think that Mr.McClung really helped me be more aware of how hard it is to be to be a new teacher but at the same time how exciting it is. It is very important for new teachers to remeber that every student is on a different level. I think it is also great for new teachers to undersatnd that no matter how hard they try the whole class is not going to get a perfect grade. I liked that he talked about the use of technology because by taking this class I have learned how useful technology is going to be in my teaching. There are always ways to incorporate some type of technology into a lesson.
This is a picture of a classroom of students raising their hands.
I had the opportunity to observe and teach at Alba Middle School in a class of 7th graders and I must say I can relate to filling like everything has to be perfect. The first class I taught I was very nervous and I was sticking to the PowerPoint to make sure I would not leave any thing out. However, as the day went on I became much more comfortable with teaching and I added my own things to the lesson. The last two lessons I even had the students playing a very interactive review came to make sure they understood the lesson. All of Mr.McClung advise is very helpful and very true. As a future teacher I will cherish his advise and try my best to always remember it.

2 comments:

  1. Tierra,

    I agree that it’s important to know that students learn differently. I also think Mr. McClung’s post was very helpful! He did seem very excited about his accomplishments, which makes me even more excited to become a teacher. I have not taught or been in a classroom to teach yet, but when I think about it I get really nervous. I want to be able to help each student to the best of their ability. I bet you had a lot of fun teaching the seventh graders. It will get easier and easier every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alba Middle? So here is an additional assignment. Comment on the 8 Alba student's photographs. We have started this:
    Alba/Bryant - an EDM310 project
    See- always expect the unexpected. Just like Mr. McClung says.

    Thanks! And the kids thank you as well.

    ReplyDelete