Sunday, November 7, 2010

C4T#3

About A teacher by Gret

The first post I read of Gretta's was about how she felt being positive was the best attitude to have when it came to improving education. I do agree with that having a positive attitude is a good way to bring change schools. However, I also believe that complaining about the problems and shedding negative light on some situation can also bring about change. If people only see the good then how will they know that the bad exist. It is okay to complain and rant about the problems in education as long as those complains are followed by actions and plans that can change things. I believe that people have to be both positive and negative when it comes to educational change because somewhere in the middle is a solution to a problem.

The second post I read was about a new elementary teacher getting to know her class and helping change one of her students life and behavior by simply caring and trying. This is such a powerful post that I think all future teachers should read. I believe that many teachers forget that they are there to make a difference in a child's life and not just to teach them. "Loving them before actually meeting them" is the best piece of advice a new teacher could ever receive. I wish that I could share this post with the rest of my class because I believe it is one of the most important things a new teacher should learn.
I throughly enjoyed reading this blog. She was the only teacher who actually took the time to visit and comment on my blog. I can honestly say that that made a difference. Her commenting on my blog made me feel like I was doing more than just assignments for class but sharing my opinions with others. For the first time in writing my blog I felt like I was being heard by more than those who have to listen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tierra! Your post has really touched me. I started blogging not long ago, every comment I get makes my day. Writing for an audience makes such a difference. You're definitely doing more than just assignments. Blogging is great, it helps you reflect, connect with other people and grow. I wish I'd had this kind of project when I was studying to become a teacher.
    Thanks again for checking out my blog and leaving comments. I truly appreciate it. I'm sure you'll be an amazing teacher and you'll get to make a difference in so many kids' lives.

    ReplyDelete