Friday, September 10, 2010

C4T#1

Mrs. Dianne Krause

I found all of the post very interesting especially DrillFly. Math is not a strong subject for many students and the fact that there is a website that anyone can create and share drills with students is a wonderful idea. Many students are on the internet for more than an hour a day and with a website like DrillFly it is easier to access help to improve their math grade. The information posted about Google is also very helpful to new teachers. I do however think that it would be hard to use Google in its fullness in many under privileged schools. In Mobile, AL where I live it is very hard to assign work through the internet because many of our schools have students that do not have access to the internet. I do think new inventions like the XO is a wonderful way to reach even the underprivileged students in the world.

I really enjoyed all the links you offered in this post. I want to be a middle school teacher and I sometimes worry about assigning research papers to my future students because the internet can be quite a dangerous place. There are many websites that can not be trusted and many young students do not think about this when looking for information. I have saved all of the links you have provided because they are the best websites I have seen that are kid friendly and also very helpful. Thank you so very much for sharing your finds with everyone. My favorite of the links is the one that gives search engines for kids Only2Clicks.

I was glad I was able to read Mrs. Dianne's blog. As a future educator I love to read about new ideas that will help my students learn. I will continue to look at Mrs. Dianne's blog for educational purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment