Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Using Google Squared is a good educational tool to use for doing research. It gives the researcher all the information they need in just a few clicks of a mouse. Another very good thing about using Google Squared is that it is a reliable source for students to use unlike websites such as Wikipedia. I did not know about Google Squared before this assignment but I am glad I know now because this is a good tool to use as a history teacher.

Wolframalpha is another site I had not heard of before this assignment. I do however like this website because it provides researches with the same reliable information as Google Squared but it includes maps and charts for better understanding.

Pitcairn Islands map

These two websites did not so much as change my thoughts on the Did You Know video but helped me understand the video better. Before it was just many big numbers thrown at me now those numbers mean so much more because they make sense to me. I have learned to never jump to conclusions about the numbers/statistics people give to me. It is better that I research them for myself to get a full understanding about what they mean.

I loved the Food for Thought article myself because I have an Ipad and my three year old cousin picked it up one day and started playing with with. I think products like this can also be a really good teaching tool for reaching those who can not yet read or write in a very fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment