Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog Post 4

Don't teach your kids this stuff. Please?
Mr. McLeod's blog post was really good and very true. The parents who do not take the time to teach their children about the internet and technology are putting their children at a disadvantage. Technology is not going anywhere. It is better is a parent teaches their child about it rather than letting them figure it out on their own. This is how children get themselves into trouble using the internet.
Mr. McLeod is an assistant professor and a believer in technological innovations in public schools. He believes that technology is changing much faster than school. He also believes that our schools are not preparing our students for the future. Thanks to Mr. McLeod's blog it was easy to find out a little about him without very much searching.


The iSchool Initiative
This video is by far the best video I have seen. This high school student has all of the right ideas and I believe he just lacks the support for his ideas. The ISchool is very initiative. At first when viewing the video I was thinking how would the schools control internet use in class but it makes sense that because the students would be on the schools network it would be easy.
Apple IPod Touch

His plan is really good and with the right support to back him up this could really catch on in many schools and maybe nation wide. I would be willing to teach using this system. It seems to be very efficient and cost efficient. However, it will take a numerous amount of convincing to change our society and school systems of today. This video is a really good start.


The Lost Generation
It is this kind of thinking along with the The Lost Generation video that says that our generation is ready for change and we are willing to set new standards. The Lost Generation video shows that this generation can can change things if they have the initiative. We do not have to "go with The flow" of things. We can make positive changes in our life standards that will effect generations to come. With simply believe we can and that we will make change for the better we have a better shot at getting it accomplished. I think this video goes along with the iSchool video well because they both show that our generation is willing to set higher standards for society. We no longer want things to be how they are or were ten years ago. We are ready to change our schools and our society and it all starts with simply believing your idea can make a difference.


Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir
I think this video is a really good use of the internet. The fact that these people had never met and sang together just proves what can be accomplished when using the internet. Imagine what an innovative teacher of the future could do for her class. This is just the beginning and to figure out a way to bring it into the class room would be really great.

2 comments:

  1. So you like the iSchool. A lot of your fellow classmates had many problems with it.

    I can't see the connection between The Lost Generation and iSchool. Your extremely brief (part of a sentence) connection did not enlighten me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry, I did not realize I did not express my thoughts as well as I thought I had. I did go back and add how I feel the two videos are connected. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete