Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post 5

A picture of a family video chatting on a mac
Eagles’ Nest Radio Episode #3: Roamin’ with the Ancient Romans
These third graders did a very good job on there podcast. Although it was not video I could see the newscast happening. I really liked how they had music relating to their subject playing in the background. It was really a good thing that the music did not overpower the podcast. I could clearly hear the students. Another good thing about their podcast was that there picture was the background while you listened to them speak on Rome.

The benefits of podcasting in the classroom
This video was really interesting and gave many different ideas on how podcasting could be used. I have always wanted to record my classes and be able to watch and listen to them later so I could really let the lesson sink in. With podcasting it is possible for teachers to for this for their classes. This way those students who may not have gotten something taught in class or was absent that day could see what happened in class. I believe if teachers really started to podcast their classroom grades would really improve.

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
This post really helped me better understand what a podcast was. May people use the term and I get kind of get what they are talking about but I did not know the actual meaning for the word. Now that I know what a podcast is and the many thing I can use it for I can utilize it for my blog and future classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I really agree with you on the benefits of podcasting in the classroom video! I think that allowing your students to view a previous lesson any time they need to would greatly help them in and out of the classroom. If they get confused or lost all they have to do is refer back to the podcast. I read the Judy Scharf collection was really informative and it helped me out a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tierra,

    First and foremost, you must reread your posts before you publish them. There are a few distracting grammatical errors that detract from your hard work.

    I like that you put thought into the technical aspect of Eagle's Nest Podcast. You made good observations about the use of description, background music, and images.

    I do believe that you haven't asked yourself the important questions, like: Will my students actually go home and re-listen to this? Will my efforts be worth the time? How can I get my students more involved? How does podcasting stretch their creative abilities?

    Questions are more important than answers, be sure that your asking yourself questions that will help you keep your ideas student focused and creative.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete